Wednesday, November 30, 2011

just chilling out.

Over on the message board in the card forum is a challenge called RAQ"S card challenge.  Each week there are three different sketches, sometimes 4.  Also in this challenge there is a coloir ad challenge.  Please take a look at this challenge if you get a chance.  There are so very tallented ladies that  do this
challenge.  The color challenge for RAQ'S challenge this week is cocoa brown  light blue, dark blue  
Here is the cards that I will post on the challenge.  I had fun making these, because I wasn't sure what I was going to do.  I remebered that I had some birthdays coming up this month, so I made BD cards

This card was done with all my scraps that I have. ( Believe me I have a lot of scraps.)

 This is the inside of the card. I really like this sentiment.  Its hard to read from this picture. It says


                                                                   AGE IS MERELY THE NUMBER
                                                                    OF YEARS THE WORLD HAS
                                                                     BEEN ENJOYING YOU
 I love the color combination of blue and brown.  Its so pretty when you put things all together with these colors.  The background paper is a piece of single paper that I had picked up at HL back in there
clearance section.  Our HL has a corner back wall.  I love to go back there first and look.

Thanks for looking


The second card is another sketch for this week.  I love the color teal so I did this one the same color has the sketch.
The roses are a stamp that I have.  I don't know where I got it, but its my favorite stamp.  I use it alot.

I used my colored pencils to color the roses.  I used my EK punch that I have had for sometime to cut out the corners.  I used my Stampin Up scalloped punch for the circle.  I really like the way this card came out.

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Vickie! I love the birthday sentiment on that one, how unique and so true!! Where in the world did you find that sentiment stamp??

    ReplyDelete