Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Going Home

I know that it has been a long time that I have posted on my blog.  I haven't forgotten it.  I just haven't had the time to work on anything.  I have about 4 different projects to finish.

Sunday morning at 11:30 God needed my husband to come home. Most of you knew that he had brain and lung cancer and that we had been fighten this for 1 1/2 years.  The last month he had been unable to walk or stand.  He had been in the hospital for the last 30 days.  He begged for me to come home so I did bring him home a week ago Monday.  He slipped into a comma on Friday and God took him Sunday. 
My sister Dorothy was here.  Larry's sister Ruby was here.  Our son Tony was able to come in from Kansas and be here also. Our daughters Krystal and Jamie were here also.   I very close friend Stacy who was like a daughter to Larry and I had also drove all  night to be here.

My husband's wishes was to be cremated and buried at the foot of his brother who he lost in Vietnam 44 years ago.  He will be taking his last trip to Joliet Il in about 2 weeks.

I'm having a memorial service Saturday here at our home.

Larry wanted to be home so I thoought this would be perfect.

Sunday afternoon my SNL and 5 of his golfing buddies will take some of his ashes out to the golf course and will use his golf clubs and shoot one ball a piece at each hold as they leave alittle bit of him on each hole.  He loved golfing.

Thanks everyone for all the support and the love that you have giving me over the last year.  Larry is loved and will be missed but I do know that he is in a better.  I will have my Guardian Angel with me at all times.








The picture below was taken when we had gone to Florida on January.  Larry was doing so good.



I love you and I will miss you so very much. 
Today would have been our anniversary 31 years of marriage but 43 years of living together.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have 43 years together. I am sad for you my friend but please know you and Larry fought so hard. So happy you got to go to Florida and that Larry had such a good time. All your plans are very honoring to Larry and what he loved. God bless my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vickie, you were so blessed to have the 43 years together. It saddens me to know that God called Larry home but at the same time I now too that he is in a better place. I am really glad that you guys went to FL to enjoy yourselves, he looked so good in FL. I also love all the plans that you are making to honor Larry, he is surely looking down and smiling! I love, love the pic of Larry and the boys, so cute, so special!! God bless you my friend, you are one strong and amazing lady!!! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete