Tuesday, October 29, 2013

'BOTTLE HOLDING'

Good morning. Hope everyone is having a good morning so far.  Here in Western Ky I woke up to fog, but better than rain or snow.
The Lasting Memories Lasting Memories challenge this week is "JOURNALING"  I'm not good at this at all.  My thinking is that the picture speaks for it self.  This is true in most cases but when other people look at the page they are not going to know who this is unless you know the person. I have to remember to journal or the reason behind the page will be lost.
Here is my single page LO that I made.  I will let you know what I did at the end.  Sorry for the quality of the picture.


 

This is Colton my 5 month old grandson. He will be turning six months on Friday.  He wants to hold his bottle which he does most of the time.  Sometimes he doesn't.  The first picture which is a 4x6 I matted it on some recollection paper to corinate with the lid of the bottle.  I also did the second picture the same way.

My solid base page is also some recollections paper that I had gotten at M's. The pattern paper is from DCWV 'LITTLE MISTER'. I had commented on DCWV blog spot on which paper stack was your favorite and I had said this paper stack. Too my surprise I was chosen to win the Stack not knowing that I was going to get all of them that they had show cased that day.


I use mostly DCWV paper.  I love the texture and the different varieties of paper stacks that they have.


Enough of that.  I cut my own ribbon banner in the same green and then journaled on white making it the same way.
The bottles are cut from the cricut cart BABY STEPS cut @ 2.5" and the layers.  I pop dotted the journaling and also the bottles for demention 

Thanks for taking a look and please hop on over to Lasting Memories blog and check out all  the DT projects and gets some inspiration from them.

Also check out all the amazing paper stacks from DCWV (sorry right now I don't have the web site.)

7 comments:

  1. Awww, this layout of Colton is so cute Vickie! I love that he is holding his own bottle! Yes, you need to journal so family that look at this book after you are gone will know who you are and who everyone else in the book is! But we all have a problem with journaling at times. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout, Vickie. Colton is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and lucky you on the paper stack win. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute, discovering his independence! Thank you for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's so cute. And this is a great page. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great LO! Love that you incorporated journaling into your LO. Im the same way, I always forget to journal because I think Ill remember and then Ill forget and wish I wrote it down...
    Thanks for joining us at lasting memories!

    ReplyDelete