Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy Birthday

I'm really liking my Explore now that I've finally figured out how to use it.  I've watched TONS of video on how to do things till I should know them by heart. (NOT).  I'm getting better everyday. 
Today I made a Birthday card and I still have 3 to go.  2 are for a 8 year old and my great-grandson will be 1 on Jan 24th, so his card will actually be for his mom and Dad to put away until he gets bigger and understands what they are.

Any way enough rambling and I will post my card and then tell you what I did.


 
 
I have the subscription for the cricut library so I'm able to use different cuts from cartridges that I don't have. The balloons are from the BEST FRIENDS cart and this is a print then cut. I really like this feature on the Explore. Then it cuts it out and wa-la you have your cut already to go on your card.
I used bakers twine for the strings on the balloon for the inside of my card.
The Happy Birthday font is from Nate's ABC's  and I use the writing feature for this and then cut it out.  I used my colored pencils to color the letters to make it stand out more.  I popped up the balloons for more  damention.  Thinks for looking and have a great day.
 

2 comments:

  1. You are doing amazing with your Explore Vickie! I haven't even gotten mine out the box yet. I love your birthday card you made Vickie and I think it is go cool that you can get just the image you want without owning the cartridge. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Vickie. Glad you are loving your new machine.

    ReplyDelete